Filibusters United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN NO ONE WINNING THE WW, THEN YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application/Inquiry

Go down 
+2
Travian Lord
Indian Posse
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Application/Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:46 pm

In Game Name: Rastofin

Village Name/Coordinates: Lorelei (-62|-5), Valeria (-62|-6)

Who sponsored you: Travian Lord
What is your experiance on Travian: Roughly a year of gameplay over a few servers. I was formerly a ranking officer in the NR alliance, specializing as a (the) strategist. Fluent with interception calculators and designing stratagems for team or solo opperations.

What is your Goals with joining us: Im a leader by trade, but Ill be happy to just pull my weight with a team of hard working, successfull people.

Also, I would like to ask a few questions before officially joining [FU]. First, what other communication tools does the alliance use other then the forum and is it being used to its potential(streamlined communication)? Secondly, Does this alliance use Gettertools or a similary utility? Focusing more specifically on trooptool(or similar) and interception/pathing calculators? Next, what is the leadership style of this alliance? Lastly, are there any policies or procedures that this alliance practices that may seem unconventional for a traditional player?

I should have preluded with this, but like I told Travian Lord, "I will not devoulge any information(troop counts, goals[there were none], and behind the scene operations) that NR trusted me with when I was in a leadership position". Frankly it just didnt work out with me and the "young leadership" of that alliance, but I will not sacrifice my integrity and sell the information I have. Although it will more then likely be expired if I find myself in a pickle with them it will be handled accordingly.

I will be more then happy to answer any questions before being considered for recruitment. Thank you.

Edited* for the sight impaired and those unable to highlight.

Last edited by Rastofin on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Indian Posse
1. Schütze
1. Schütze
Indian Posse

FU Points : 417

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:47 pm

What is with the RED Text FFs can't read the crap alter it
Back to top Go down
Travian Lord
2. Gefreiter
2. Gefreiter
Travian Lord

FU Points : 357

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:48 pm

Rastofin has a good hammer, and is doing very good. I say yes Rastofin should join
Back to top Go down
Indian Posse
1. Schütze
1. Schütze
Indian Posse

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:51 pm

did you read at all what i said ???? ask him to change the text color PLEASE !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Travian Lord
2. Gefreiter
2. Gefreiter
Travian Lord

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:52 pm

Just highlight it dude. Here its not red:

In Game Name: Rastofin

Village Name/Coordinates: Lorelei (-62|-5), Valeria (-62|-6)

Who sponsored you: Travian Lord

What is your experiance on Travian: Roughly a year of gameplay over a few servers. I was formerly a ranking officer in the NR alliance, specializing as a (the) strategist. Fluent with interception calculators and designing stratagems for team or solo opperations.

What is your Goals with joining us: Im a leader by trade, but Ill be happy to just pull my weight with a team of hard working, successfull people.

Also, I would like to ask a few questions before officially joining [FU]. First, what other communication tools does the alliance use other then the forum and is it being used to its potential(streamlined communication)? Secondly, Does this alliance use Gettertools or a similary utility? Focusing more specifically on trooptool(or similar) and interception/pathing calculators? Next, what is the leadership style of this alliance? Lastly, are there any policies or procedures that this alliance practices that may seem unconventional for a traditional player?

I should have preluded with this, but like I told Travian Lord, "I will not devoulge any information(troop counts, goals[there were none], and behind the scene operations) that NR trusted me with when I was in a leadership position". Frankly it just didnt work out with me and the "young leadership" of that alliance, but I will not sacrifice my integrity and sell the information I have. Although it will more then likely be expired if I find myself in a pickle with them it will be handled accordingly.

I will be more then happy to answer any questions before being considered for recruitment. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Indian Posse
1. Schütze
1. Schütze
Indian Posse

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:55 pm

now i can read it - sounds good to me "Yes"
Back to top Go down
Travian Lord
2. Gefreiter
2. Gefreiter
Travian Lord

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:58 pm

Travian Lord wrote:
Rastofin has a good hammer, and is doing very good. I say yes Rastofin should join

Can somone please tell my why that post deserved a negative rep??
Back to top Go down
Indian Posse
1. Schütze
1. Schütze
Indian Posse

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:03 am

there ya go i gave you a + for once flower
Back to top Go down
Travian Lord
2. Gefreiter
2. Gefreiter
Travian Lord

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:06 am

lol thanks 1 plus and 3 negatives. Remobin even got a plus but then when I say I think he should join I get a negative. Question Question Question Question affraid
lol whatever mabe I will end up beating con man haha
Back to top Go down
Manslaughter
3. Gefreiter UA
3. Gefreiter UA
Manslaughter

FU Points : 1027

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:08 am

Welcome Rastofin,

An invitation has been sent to you from FU2. Please join that wing as we rearrange FU.

Please IGM Ozymal asking him to grant you full access to the forums.

lets go kick some butt =]
Back to top Go down
Indian Posse
1. Schütze
1. Schütze
Indian Posse

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:08 am

stop sookin may help cheers
Back to top Go down
Travian Lord
2. Gefreiter
2. Gefreiter
Travian Lord

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:09 am

sweet welcome cheers
Back to top Go down
dragonbreath
1. Schütze
1. Schütze
dragonbreath

FU Points : 302

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:13 am

Rastofin wrote:

Also, I would like to ask a few questions before officially joining [FU]. First, what other communication tools does the alliance use other then the forum and is it being used to its potential(streamlined communication)?

Some users use Skype meetings, but yes the forum is the main communication tool.

Rastofin wrote:
Secondly, Does this alliance use Gettertools or a similary utility? Focusing more specifically on trooptool(or similar) and interception/pathing calculators?

You'd have to ask each member separately but myself i do not use those tools.

Rastofin wrote:
Next, what is the leadership style of this alliance?

We have what the ancient Greeks called a Democracy. In short we don't have any leaders we vote on important questions and the majority wins. However we do have members who coordinate attacks, recruit etc. those are our officers and Battle Group leaders (which are elected) but those do not have more "power" than the others when it comes to important decisions (every vote is equal).

Rastofin wrote:
Lastly, are there any policies or procedures that this alliance practices that may seem unconventional for a traditional player?

Not wanting to build a WW would be the most unconventional thing we have.
Back to top Go down
Travian Lord
2. Gefreiter
2. Gefreiter
Travian Lord

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:16 am

well said Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:32 am

Siegfried wrote:
Rastofin wrote:

Also, I would like to ask a few questions before officially joining [FU]. First, what other communication tools does the alliance use other then the forum and is it being used to its potential(streamlined communication)?

Some users use Skype meetings, but yes the forum is the main communication tool.

Rastofin wrote:
Secondly, Does this alliance use Gettertools or a similary utility? Focusing more specifically on trooptool(or similar) and interception/pathing calculators?

You'd have to ask each member separately but myself i do not use those tools.

Rastofin wrote:
Next, what is the leadership style of this alliance?

We have what the ancient Greeks called a Democracy. In short we don't have any leaders we vote on important questions and the majority wins. However we do have members who coordinate attacks, recruit etc. those are our officers and Battle Group leaders (which are elected) but those do not have more "power" than the others when it comes to important decisions (every vote is equal).

Rastofin wrote:
Lastly, are there any policies or procedures that this alliance practices that may seem unconventional for a traditional player?

Not wanting to build a WW would be the most unconventional thing we have.

I appreciate your reply, Seigfried. It seems that + rep is a big deal around here so Ill be sure to do so when I figure it out.

I suppose this follows under "last orders first", but Im not to worried about the WW issue. Im mainly here for the war part of the game, dont really care about walking around telling strangers that I won @ travian.

Democracy is good, it obvioulsy seems to be working considering that the alliance doesnt seem to have had any major "hitches" since it started in the early weeks. Im not to concerned about that either.

Getter tools would be a nice feature, my alliance on S1 uses it to its full potential, so I guess I am somewhat spoiled by it, but I think I can get over it not being utilized by the alliance as a whole(considering that it seems no one in the SW can set up a trail with the margain I used against WVF while in NR).

Communication... NR's achilles heel. I am looking for an alliance with solid communication and a good portion of those using it to be "pointed in the same direction". I have access to just about any communication tool, including (and preferably) skype. If I end up joining FU and integrating smoothely can I expect this?

Tieing into this, how long has the core of FU been working together?

Last edited by Rastofin on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Indian Posse
1. Schütze
1. Schütze
Indian Posse

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:36 am

welcome and enjoy the ride R
Back to top Go down
Travian Lord
2. Gefreiter
2. Gefreiter
Travian Lord

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:58 am

Im not sure, ask manslaughter. And welcome aboard! Rep isn't really a big deal here I just complain about it too much lol geek
Back to top Go down
Manslaughter
3. Gefreiter UA
3. Gefreiter UA
Manslaughter

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:32 am

Hello, glad to answer some questions (in no particular order)

rep - its more of a joke then anything, and we like giving TL bad rep since it seems to bother him a bit. =] Its just a forum tool that is there so that we can give each other a hard time rather then it really meaning anything. reputation in the sense of name recognition and how the alliance views you in general (not the bar, but real reputation) is valuable in the fact that those with more notoriety's opinions will be listened to when they comment on a vote.

getter tools - by this you mean troop tools. To explain how the alliance uses this we need to discuss our structure more. we have battle groups which are organized by location. each group has a leader which coordinates attacks. each leader acts independently in that he does not follow anyone's orders except for the alliance orders. for example if we declare war, the BG leader is responsible for attacking targets nearby his battle group. battle group leaders can and will coordinate with other battle group leaders to take on targets between them. Therefore, the option to use troop tools is up to the discretion of the BG leader, who can or not use them. Most battle group leaders should know off the top of their head what each player in his battle group's capabilities are, though not to the troop. This structure works well fighting other alliances in the same quad as us, but will fail us when we need to fight other quads. At that point we will have the BG leaders vote in a military leader of sorts who, when the alliance declares war, will coordinate the battle group leaders and tell which leader to coordinate attacks against which target. at that point it will be up to the general if we should use a troop tool or if he can understand each battle group's abilities in his head. as we have no non-military leadership structure, troop tools will not help us at this stage in the game because BG leader 1 would not need access to BG leader 2's troop counts. I assume we will use it when we have a general in charge of everything as we would have too many troops and players for him to know it off the top of his head.

communications - political stuff is via the forum. military stuff is off the forums unless it is a standard rein request, in which non-vital information can be posted on the forum. each BG leader is responsible for his BG's communication, and can be done via IGM, skype or the travian IRC (or any other program).

leadership - democracy for major decisions, officers for delegated duties such as recruiting, wing coordination, diplomacy, voluntary push organizer, inactive player kicker, etc. officers do their duties but enjoy no power other then that required for their duties (recruiters can invite, diplomat can NAP/Confed, etc.) all major decisions are via a vote, such as if we accept another alliances NAP/Confed/merger proposal, elect a new officer, change wing structure, etc.

other odd things - we do not seek a WW win, but instead want to bash some skulls and prevent others from winning =] I can give you a better description if you want of what our long term goals and back up plans are if you want.
Back to top Go down
pangea
1. Schütze
1. Schütze
pangea

FU Points : 274

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:36 am

Rep is only important to travian lord which is why he gets so much negative rep. It is really very trivial to most of us.

The core of us are on us3 and many make up one of the two metas going for the WW victory there. Most of us have played more servers than we would like to admit. We are a fun loving type A group that like to bust heads but don't really like the politics of the game. Don't be fooled though as we have some of the shrewdest SOB's on this server. I like your questions. LEt us know if you have any more.
Back to top Go down
Manslaughter
3. Gefreiter UA
3. Gefreiter UA
Manslaughter

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:44 am

thanks pangea, missed that one.

we have been working as a team (most of us) for over a year now from US3. most of us have a good amount of experience before that, I would say our average server count is 3-4. We have worked together and been apart of the leadership of an alliance in US3, though we had a different structure there. This new structure and goals have only been applied to this server though. However, we have been working on it for a long time before the server started. this forum was created in May which was a good three months before the server started, and we had another forum prior to that in which we threw ideas out and formed this structure for months before that. So we basically spent a good three months working on our current structure trying to anticipate any problems, and I think we did a good job.
Back to top Go down
Travian Lord
2. Gefreiter
2. Gefreiter
Travian Lord

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:57 am

haha truthfully rep doesn't bother me much either. It was the fact that I didn't say anything wrong and got bad rep is what bugged me. Since i've ignored it and dont really care about it my rep has gone up affraid
Back to top Go down
Manslaughter
3. Gefreiter UA
3. Gefreiter UA
Manslaughter

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:15 am

uh-oh, your rep just dropped. wonder who did that TL? =]
Back to top Go down
Travian Lord
2. Gefreiter
2. Gefreiter
Travian Lord

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:08 am

you jerk! I mean I dont care.. lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:51 am

I think that just about answeres all my questions, Ill join up. Thank you, I appreciate the responses and look forward to working with yall.
Back to top Go down
-BB-
Admin
-BB-

FU Points : 800

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application/Inquiry   Application/Inquiry Empty

Back to top Go down

Application/Inquiry
Page 1 of 1